Texworld USA and Apparel Sourcing USA are pleased to present the inaugural FASHION IN ACTION AWARDS seeking to honor student achievement in sustainable fashion innovation.
JULY 21 – 23, 2020 • NEW YORK CITY
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a BA/BS or design program or have completed their program within the last 2 years
- Applicants must submit a mood board and sketch of their design to the Fashion in Action submission form below no later than March 31, 2020
- Our curation panel made up of industry experts will narrow the field to 20 finalists
- The selected finalists will be invited to construct their design and show on the Texworld USA Catwalk
- The field will then be narrowed to 10 designers who will receive a critique/mentoring session with the judges' panel and a winner will be chosen
Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- Were sustainable materials or practices such as upcycling or zero waste used to create your design?
- Does the design innovate and solve a problem in the manufacturing of textiles or finished garments?
- Does the design present the opportunity for reproducibility, scalability and marketability?
- Is the design on trend for Fall / Winter 2020?
The winner will receive a trip to Texworld Paris in September with free airfare, a 3-night hotel stay and the opportunity to display their innovation at the event as well as a $2,000 to help kick start their design career.
Texworld Paris is THE international trade show for fashion attracting thousands of buyers from Europe and around the world. The next event will be held on September 14 – 17, 2020. Visit www.texworld-paris.com for more information.
March 31, 2020
Deadline to submit mood board and sketch
April 30, 2020
Top 20 finalists notified
July 21-22, 2020
Designers show on the Texworld USA Catwalk. Top 10 announced
July 23, 2020
Top 10 receive a judge’s critique. Winner is announced